Skip to main content

April 1, 2024 newsletter

 


Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and to those of you who celebrate it, Happy Easter  💕
<3 and="" are="" br="" easter="" favorite="" holy-days="" my="" of="" passover="" the="" two="" year.="">
Before we go one step further together this morning, I will tell you right up top here that NOTHING in this letter is an April Fool's joke. I love good jokes, word play, and silliness, but too many April Fool's jokes/pranks are designed to make people feel foolish (hence the name), and I abhor them. So, I promise...what you are about to read is true, no jokes.

This Wednesday, April 3, I will be late getting to the pantry. The rest of the crew will be there, so no worries, but if you need to see me specifically about something, please come after 11am. I'll be at a zoom meeting for next steps in the project to bring a medical van to Ayer. There will be much more to share about that as it moves forward, but I am almost bursting with excitement over the possibilities!

I also want to pass on to you information about the Ayer Community Garden's partnership with the Ayer Library. There is a Seed Catalog on the main floor of the Library, and you are welcome to take and to share seeds here. This proved to be very popular last year, and although the growing season was a challenging one, local gardeners produced a lot of produce in home gardens and at the Community Garden. There is a flyer attached here so you can get more information if this interests you. You and your garden do not need to live in Ayer in order to visit the Seed Catalog!

We had our semi-annual Board meeting on Saturday after the pantry closed. It was good to get together and discuss where we've been in the last 6 months and what we hope may be ahead in the next 6. I appreciate each and every member of our Board...it's great to be surrounded by smart people with different perspectives and different skill sets from mine. They challenge me when they think we should be doing something in a different way, and the ideas they come up with are usually things that I never would have thought of. I'm so blessed to have them!

March ended up being our busiest month of this quarter. We are very low on many basics, and would appreciate whatever items you could donate from our list: cereal, canned pasta (like spaghettios), 1 or 2 lb bags of rice (brown or white), apple juice, small boxes of plain instant potatoes, soups (especially low-sodium), boxed mac + cheese, baked beans (especially low-sugar). Anything else from our full list that you find on sale would also be welcome, and if you need the list, please let me know and I'll send it to you! We'll be at the pantry on Wednesday from 10 to noon, Friday from 4 to 5:30, and Saturday from 9 to noon for drop-offs. And the bin is always available at Shop n' Save if those times don't suit. Please leave a note in the bag with your name so we know whom to thank!

I'm grateful for all of you...thank you for continuing to support us in helping our community!

Comments